January 24, 2014
What’s making me happy this week? Well…
- There’s this rabbit that lives somewhere near my building. Frequently, when I go to work in the morning, the only other living creature who seems to have been up is this rabbit. I haven’t seen the rabbit itself since winter, but I see its tracks Every Single Morning. And what really amuses me is that it hops down the sidewalk. Its tracks aren’t going across the sidewalk and onto the grass. No. It follows the path. What can I say? It amuses me!
- I now own all of the Helen Wells Cherry Ames books. I’m still missing a handful of the Julie Tatham books, but as they’re out of print, Kazoo Books has had to work a bit harder to track down affordable copies for me. But they left me a voicemail yesterday, and I stopped by the store on my way home from work today, and I now have every single Helen Wells book in my possession. I’m looking forward to starting to reread the series from the beginning. (And my mom is, too. She can’t remember when she last read them, so each time I finish one, I’ll pass it along to her. And this way, if she reads something that reminds her of her mom, she can let me know.)
- My parents’ Wii Fit. It’s been really cold this week. We’re talking school-closed-because-of-wind cold. My mom and I went for a walk on Wednesday. We think that was a bad idea. That was the only day this week that we went out for a walk. We’ve spent a lot of time playing on their Wii. But what’s specifically making me happy is the Bird Bull’s-Eye game. It is ridiculously silly game. You flap your arms and fly from target to target. I have had so much fun playing that game this week! I’ve enjoyed it almost as much as my beloved ski jump.
- My daddy is the best daddy in the whole world. (Okay, you will see one aspect of this story at which another daddy might try to claim the title…) I really should have bought gas on my way home after we celebrated his birthday on Monday. But I didn’t feel like stopping. So I was going to buy gas on my way home from work on Tuesday, but then my mom and I decided that it was too cold to play outside, and it wasn’t until I was in the far left lane that I realized I should have stopped at the gas station on the right corner on my way to their house. So I asked my daddy to check Gas Buddy for me. And it looked like prices were starting to go up. So I asked him if I gave him my credit card, would he be willing to take my car and fill it up for me. And he did! And not only that, the price had gone up at the first station he planned to take it to, so he went to a different station (the one that I’d been in the wrong lane to use). And, yes, by the time I left their house, prices had jumped almost 20 cents! See. My daddy is the best daddy in the whole world!
- And, of course, I’m so happy that Sherlock is back. How happy am I? Um, I kind of watched it twice on Monday. Soooo…. Yeah. It’s a pretty brilliant show. You should watch it. Even if you already do watch it, you should probably go and watch it again. Definitely happy-making!