April 18, 2014
Today has been a series of frustrations. And as I was leaving my parents’ house this evening, I told my mom that it was making it hard to think about what’s making me happy so that I could write this post. And her response was that was why I had to do it. So here goes.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week
- I turned the thermostat to “off”. (Okay, so it got cold enough that I had to turn it back on, but then it warmed up again.)
- I had a hair appointment today. It’s silly, but I do love my red. And this is a particularly nice shade. Yolanda rocks!
- One of my theatre friends posted that even though he’s 34, he still has to read the four questions at the Passover seder. I giggle a little every time I think about that. He should invite a neighbor kid to come next year… Or a work colleague who is younger than him…
- My mom and I dyed Easter eggs today. She found some awesome dye. The colors are amazing. Bright and deep. And they came with mustache and eye stickers (including 4 pairs of googly eyes) so that they can be, and I quote, “dapper”. (Which of course made me think of Dapper Dan and O Brother Where Art Thou).
- Itzhak Perlman was on Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me a couple of weeks ago, but I only just got around to listening to the podcast of it this week. If he doesn’t come back in a “Best Of” episode, they’ve forgotten what’s funny. When he starts talking about Candy Crush…
- Jane Goodall talking about cloud computing on Here & Now. There’s a charm to the off-handed way she describes it. And that she describes death as joining that cloud. That was kind of charming, too.