June 7, 2014
It’s Saturday! Not Friday… I didn’t get a post written yesterday because I was busy with some of What’s Making Me Happy This Week.
- I have discovered the klezmer punk band Golem. Yes, you read that correctly. It’s klezmer. And it’s punk. And it is awesome. Thanks, Fresh Air!
- You may have heard about the study that showed people take female-named hurricanes less seriously than their male-named counterparts, no matter what category the hurricane is assigned. I recommend you read this delightful follow-up post offering advice to female-named hurricanes.
- As is frequently the case, the Yarn Harlot is making me happy. Particularly this post.
- Obviously, having had an IUI on Wednesday is making me happy. I’d be even happier if I didn’t have to go through the two-week wait, but I am happy to be trying again.
- My birthday was Thursday! Of course that’s making me happy.
- I got a lovely (and much needed) birthday massage. And Mary gave me a birthday muffin with a tea light perched on top. She apologized because she wanted to get me something better than a muffin, but I think it was the perfect amount of whimsy.
- And the final thing that’s making me happy (and what kept me out and not writing this post) is that I had birthday dinner with Lisa and her parents yesterday. You see, yesterday was Lisa’s birthday. And since my parents are at my brother’s, I hadn’t had birthday dinner yet. Yes, we sang happy birthday to ourselves and then blew out the candles together. It was a lovely meal with lovely company. And if that doesn’t make a body happy, well then I don’t know what does.