June 20, 2014
- The first thing is a no-brainer. A positive pregnancy test!!! And Suzy called with my hcG results. It’s in the low 400s, which is right at the top range of where it should be right now. I’ll have a second level drawn on Monday, but she said I should go ahead and schedule my OB intake appointment. Which is good because it leads me to number 2.
- B6 injections. They may sting like crazy, but I’m so glad I was able to get one today. I’m starting to feel a bit better. And it will definitely make the weekend more tolerable. Even better will be once I’ve seen Lori and she writes me a new Zofran prescription. The B6 will get me through most of the time, but it’s very comforting to have the Zofran on hand for when I feel too sick to swallow.
- I ran into Dr O when I went in for my B6 injection today. He gave me a half hug and congratulated me. I thanked him and told him that I was there for a B6. He was surprised. I explained that I’ve had morning sickness for a week. “That’s a good sign!” he cheered. I am so grateful to him for helping me get pregnant.
- When I thought I wasn’t pregnant on Wednesday, two docs independently sent me funny emails (and they didn’t even know I needed a laugh). You see, we’ve started moving into our new building, and I was trying to set up appointments with them. I included the message “As people continue to move, please let us know where you will be.” One wrote back with a lengthy description of how to find his new office: “Third floor… north end of building. Fourth (or so) door on the left. Handsome looking devil sitting in the chair.” The second simply replied, “Other people may move, but I remain steadfast.”
- There are some non-pregnancy things, too. This status from a friend’s Facebook page: “Fact time: My favorite condiment is spicy brown mustard. Oh. Oh I’m sorry ketchup, I didn’t see you standing there. No, stop, don’t cry. I wasn’t serious. It’s ok I can have two favorites. Please ketchup get ahold of yourself dis is embarrassing. -whispers to blue cheese dressing- shhh you’re my actual second favorite I don’t even like ketchup.”
- This post on NPR about holographic chocolates. Interesting and they look beautiful!
- And last, but definitely not least, Linda Holmes is once again making me happy with her Spoiler-Free ‘Game of Thrones’ Twitter Translator.