October 17, 2014
- On the work front, Dr Z and I had an awesome meeting with our new neighbors, the Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics. We all agreed that there were a lot of ways that we could work together, and we’re already moving forward with it. There are any number of things that I’ve been wanting to do with our CME program since I became a coordinator, and now it finally looks like we can start doing some of them. Very exciting and very positive. A nice reminder that I really do like my job!
- This article on Slate. Because philosophy humor.
- Neil Patrick Harris was on Fresh Air. Need I say more?
- Ari Shapiro is on this week’s Pop Culture Happy Hour. I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet, but I know that he’s on it because he announced it on Facebook. I quote: “If you don’t already subscribe to NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour Podcast… 1) What is wrong with you? 2) You can listen to my guest-appearance in this week’s episode here: (P.S. This was so much fun.)” The consensus among the commenters was that #1 was exactly the right question to ask.
- Last week’s Finding Your Roots (which I finally watched over the weekend) was amazing. Probably one of the best episodes they’ve had yet, and for no other reason than history contains some incredible stories, one of which happened to be unearthed in the genealogical research done for this episode. If you watch no other episode, you should at least watch this one.