January 2, 2014
- It’s silly, but I’m really glad that it’s Friday. The reason it’s silly is that I had yesterday off and a half-day the day before. But I’m still really glad that I’m to the weekend.
- My parents helped me take down the Christmas decorations. Okay, there weren’t that many to begin with. I got the tree up. And the only reason there were ornaments on it was because my mom put them up one of the days she came to my apartment in Small American Woman mode. But I took the ornaments off and handed them to my dad who then wrapped everything in bubble wrap. Yes, my daddy bought bubble wrap to store my Christmas ornaments. And then he put everything back in the storage unit for me.
- I had one day this week with four good blood sugars. Yes, it’s only one day, but it does show that if my nausea is controlled that I can manage this by diet alone.
- I only have 13 more appointments before my C-section. That means only 13 more B6 injections.
- B6 injections, painful though they may be, are making me happy. I was hungry on Tuesday. I felt like I couldn’t eat enough; I can’t remember the last time that happened. It’s only been about an hour since I got today’s, so I’m still waiting for it (and the Unisom and famotidine) to kick in, but I know it’s going to make me feel better.
- I weighed more today than I did on Monday. Yes, I had on a sweater and it was later in the day, but it was a big enough difference that accounting for those things, I definitely have not lost any more weight and am starting to gain again.
- My admin has returned! And I don’t mean that she’s back from vacation. I mean that she’s back in the office next to mine. It’s so nice having her here so that I can delegate again. I only have 31 more work days, and there’s a lot I need to get done. I get the sense that she’s happy, too. At the very least, it means she once again has access to the server. We can all do a lot with web access to the database and our email, but we still need to access files on the server from time to time. Plus it won’t be so deathly quiet in our little stretch of hallway. I don’t mind working the day after the holiday when most people are gone; it’s easy to get a lot done because no one is there to bother me. But when it’s like that Every Single Day… It’s gotten old.
I’m sure there was more, but I’m tired. I know I won’t be getting more sleep once the baby comes, but needing 10 hours to get (hopefully) 6 hours of sleep is starting to wear on me…