January 9, 2015
- Today I’m particularly happy that I can work from home. Yes, it was a little frustrating because I couldn’t get the website for the database to load. And this morning, so many people were logging into GroupWise’s web access that the server stopped letting people log in. All of which meant I had to focus on our strategic plan, which was the last thing I really felt like working on. But we got hit with a severe winter storm last night that continued through much of the day. And I didn’t have to drive in it. (How bad was it? Latest reports are that 150 vehicles were involved in a pile-up on I-94. Yes, I don’t drive there. But that gives you an idea of the road and visibility conditions.)
- I really appreciate my mom saying yesterday, “You’re 33 weeks pregnant. You have every right to take work home so that you don’t have to drive in tomorrow.”
- I’m also happy that I live in an apartment complex and my rent goes, in part, to pay for someone else to clear the sidewalks. It was after ten this morning that they finally got to my sidewalk. This is not a complaint. This is a statement of how much snow needed to be cleared. I watched him from my balcony window. His hood was completely covered in snow.
- At my NST yesterday, the wee one decided I was strapped to a new toy. It kept kicking the sensor, which bounced with each kick. It was really hard not to laugh.
- Paula and I have messaged back and forth a lot the past few days. I’m grateful to have a friend who’s going through this, too. Being pregnant after losing a baby is a very different experience than just being pregnant. The fact that we’re both here again and can talk about how we’re feeling is a great comfort. I’m pretty sure Paula feels the same way.
- B6 injections are helping so much! My nausea is pretty much back under control. And you know what? So is my blood sugar.
- I have less than a month of work days before my C-section. This is both a relief and a bit nerve-wracking. I’m trying not to think about what all needs to get done in those 27 days…