March 20, 2015
- Anna is a month old today! I don’t know exactly how that happened. I’m not sure where the past four weeks have gone. Right now, she’s lying on the sofa next to me, cooing. (We’ll see how long that lasts. I’ve yet to complete a blog post while the two of us are situated thus.)
- Nicki and I have been joking about how her pregnancy has been progressing a month behind mine. Well, early this morning, she had the baby. Yes, exactly one month after Anna was born. (Dr Winter was even on service overnight.) Thanks for texting the midnight update, Brad!
- Speaking of babies, my cousin had her baby two days ago. (You’ll recall three of us were pregnant. Within less than a month, we all gave birth.)
- My mom is still helping out about every other night. I really appreciate her spending the night. It’s been a relief, as she well knows.
- My dad has been pretty cute this week. He’s snuggled with Anna while I take a shower in the evening. Then he sits and snuggles with her a bit longer. Because he can.
- I’m feeling almost back to normal. My stamina is still far below pre-pregnancy rates, but I’ve stopped taking the ibuprofen, and every walk is a bit longer. (With Anna in the stroller, I even managed a half-mile this week!) And since I’m not really in pain anymore, I’ve discovered I can dance again. This is useful. It makes swaying with the baby a lot more fun. (Yes, I do sing “Shall We Dance” from The King & I while doing so. Why do you ask?)
- In honor of St. Patrick’s Day this week, George Takei shared the following Muppets clip. I appreciate that Animal knows even fewer lyrics to “Danny Boy” than I do.
- Because I’m a theatre geek and, therefore, have a lot of friends who are theatre geeks, this all-male version of “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago has shown up multiple times in my Facebook feed. Yes, the vocals are a little thin at parts, but the dancing is brilliant. And you have to love a well-placed Book of Mormon joke. (That would be the musical, not the book.)
- And finally, I heard this as I was driving over to my parents earlier this week. (Yes, I’ve actually turned on NPR a few times this week. Sad to say the news doesn’t seem to have changed in the month I’ve only heard from Jon Stewart…) The returns are one of the most fun parts of Morning Edition. This one was particularly amusing.
P.S. Yes, I did get this entire post written before Anna woke up.