April 3, 2015
- Family. On Saturday, Anna got to meet most of my dad’s side of the family. And today, she got to meet most of my mom’s side of the family. She charmed everyone. And it was great to see most of my aunts and uncles and cousins. It was physically draining, but emotionally uplifting.
- Friends. This week, Clare, Nicki, and I (and our respective babes) got together for lunch. It was fun both for the swapping of theatre war stories and the discussion of having newborns. (Our kids are approximately 6 weeks, 4 weeks, and 2 weeks.)
- Sushi. Yes, Clare, Nicki, and I had sushi for lunch.
- NPR’s April Fools’ joke this year was about a passive-aggressive automated car. You can just read the transcript, but it’s even funnier if you listen to the report.
- It’s Holy Week. A friend shared this graphic about matching your Myers-Briggs personality type to a saint. It reminds me of Saints Preserve Us!, a delightful book giving brief bios of a number of saints. (E.g. St Valentine has eight complete bodies and three heads venerated throughout Europe.) I was going to pick out a favorite from the graphic, but I just can’t decide. They all made me laugh.
- And finally, I just saw this video on Facebook. Apparently, it’s even funny if you don’t watch Call the Midwife. And if you don’t watch Call the Midwife, you should really do something about that. It’s an excellent show.