It’s May! I’m not sure how that happened. I’m trying not to think too hard about it. Anna is ten weeks old today. That means I go back to work in two weeks. I wish I were independently wealthy so that I could stay home and write instead of going to work. This isn’t new. I’ve wished that for a long time. I just haven’t been off work this long since I was a teacher.
It’s also Friday, so here goes.
- I’m happy that Anna is back to her old self. She’s been rather miserable this week. Long story that merits its own blog post. But she’s back to normal.
- I’ve had multiple snuggles today. We’ll see how easily I can get this post written. Not complaining. Snuggles are a wonderful thing!
- I love Luther, President Obama’s anger translator. I love even more that he appeared with the president at this year’s Correspondents’ Dinner. And that the White House posted the video of it.
- In nerdy fun, I really think my brother could use a few of these “bar essentials”.
- And, of course, there are NPR links. Heard this explanation of naming racehorses. You really should listen for the replay of a race at the end.
- And today’s driveway moment was this discussion of how reading Harry Potter affects one’s behavior. All for the good, of course.