Yesterday while I was still at work, I thought I should take a quick moment to write a blog post. And then I forgot. And then I woke up this morning and realized that I hadn’t written last night. But I do have a few things that are making me smile that I want to share.
- Anna’s favorite toy is a burp cloth. Any burp cloth. She’s not picky. I give her one when I put her down for the night and then take it out of the crib after she’s fallen asleep. But that, of course, means that she doesn’t have a burp cloth to suck on when she wakes up. So she’s taken to pulling up her sleep sack and sucking on that.
- She’s also reached the age where she’s started to anticipate some of our bedtime routine. I pick up a book that we read frequently, and she gets this great big smile that warms my heart.
- Sandra Boynton makes me happy. We have a number of her board books. They’re wonderful. Great illustrations. Delightful sense of humor. Silly and sweet in just the right combination that I don’t mind reading them aloud over and over again.
- The Capitol Steps 4th of July Politics Takes a Holiday. I really shouldn’t have to say more to convince you to listen, but I will. (Yes, I subscribe to the podcast so I don’t even have to remember it’s that time of year again.) I was listening to it at work. About halfway through, I was in tears I was laughing so hard.
- Something I posted last week made it into A Fuse #8 Production! I mean, sure Betsy (who writes it) and I have known each other since we were five, but it’s a huge blog with a huge following, and I got a shout-out.
- And speaking of this oldest friend of mine, I’m sorry for New York, but I’m happy that she’s moving to Evanston so that we might see each other more frequently than once every five years.
- And finally, friends and family. My brother and his family are currently in town, so I get to spend a lot of time with them. And I’ll see multiple friends at the Kindleberger Festival today. Life is good.